If you have been laid off recently and you feel as if you lost your job for an unlawful reason, you may have the right to bring a claim for wrongful termination against your former employer. Potential outcomes from wrongful termination case include financial compensation for damages, or negotiation for an appropriate severance package.
In the eyes of the law, there are a few illegal reasons how employers can dismiss employees. These reasons include:
- Firing in violation of federal and state anti-discrimination laws;
- Firing as a form of sexual harassment;
- Firing in violation of oral and written employment agreements;
- Firing in violation of labor laws, including collective bargaining laws; and
- Firing in retaliation for the employee’s having filed a complaint or claim against the employer.
If you believe you fall into any or all of these categories above, reach out to us right away! Brennan Hershey with Hershey law is an experienced wrongful termination attorney serving individuals in and around the Los Angeles/SoCal areas!